K's Reviews > I Am the Messenger

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

Jan 11, 09

bookshelves: teens
Read in December, 2008

Maybe I'm allergic to Markus Zusak's writing? What he intends as quirky, inspiring, and heartwarming, my brain interprets as affected, cliche, and grossly manipulative. In this novel, an underachieving 19 year old begins receiving cards directing him to various troubled individuals around town. By stalking these people and interfering with their lives at the right moments, he becomes a hero/saint figure, and wins the heart of his beautiful best friend, a girl who'd previously been too afraid to love. I guess then this book is for people who are NOT afraid to love, and highly un-recommended for readers overly suspicious of false uplift.
22 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am the Messenger.

Jane You're crazy. This book is brilliant... And "un-recommended"? I don't think I'd take advice from someone who can't even use real words.

Hillary Jane wrote: "You're crazy. This book is brilliant... And "un-recommended"? I don't think I'd take advice from someone who can't even use real words."

Jane, do you just go around telling people how bad their reviews are, in spite of the fact that they are brilliant, write some of your own, stop harassing people who disagree with you.

Tony Johnston Jane - kust checking your reviews you gave Bridget Jones 5 stars and To Kill a Mockingbird 3 stars. Perhaps your advice is a little questionable too?

Hillary Well said Tony.

message 5: by Tom (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tom O’Connell Agree with you, K. It's hard to feel moved when you can see the strings behind it.

message 6: by Summer (new)

Summer "What he intends as quirky, inspiring, and heartwarming, my brain interprets as affected, cliche, and grossly manipulative." I applaud your brain - it's in good working order.