Jeff_§of2014's Reviews > A Yellow Raft in Blue Water

A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris

M_50x66
Nov 24, 08

Recommended to Jeff_§of2014 by: Sadelle
Recommended for: anybody that has a long attention span and doesn't fall asleep during reading unlike me
read count: Once.

This book is in the point of three people: Rayona, Christine and Aunt Ida. Rayona is teased at the Mission by Foxy Cree her "cousin" because of her race. Christine is always going from place to place and from man to man, she has some anger issues and gets mad a lot for a reason that is not really obvious. Aunt Ida is Christine's guardian but not her mother, her real mother is Aunt Ida's cousin, Carla. Carla did not want Christine so she give her to Ida for her to take care of.

While reading A Yellow Raft in Blue Water, I noticed a text to text connection. The fact that Rayona, Christine, and Aunt Ida does not have a father reminds me of Artemis Fowl and how Artemis does not have a father. I noticed that because of their lack of a father, they rely on their mothers for support. I also notice in these scenarios their mothers dont really help so they depend on themselves most of the time.

I would give this book 2 stars. Most of the time, I find it really boring how sometimes he talks about the backround scenery and then he switches to something else and then comes back to that samething. In my opinion I think it is hard for him to get his ideas through to someone. But I still do think there are some good parts in the book, I like the fact that he writes in different Points Of View from different people and from different generations. I recommend this book to anybody that has a long attention span and doesn't fall asleep during reading unlike me. :]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Yellow Raft in Blue Water.