Wendy's Reviews > I Am Alive

Aug 06, 2012

Recommended to Wendy by: Kindle
Recommended for: everyone
Read from August 01 to 03, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 2

I loved this book! I want to continue reading the series! Usually I am disenchanted by a story when I find out at the end that it is an ongoing series and that I have to wait for the next story arc in the next book. Hated that "Bella" just got whinier. Hated what "Catniss" became in order to "win"! I loved that Decca held her ground and became the kind of character you want to cheer for. Loved that even though these are kids in a game they were not sterotypical punky jerks.
That being said.....I really think the author should fire his editor. Seriously! I finally had to dumb down enough to get through the "spell-check-induced-nightmare" (just because spell-check okays it does not mean that the right word or phrase was used) and then I had to start inserting the right sequence of words as I read so I could keep the storyline flowing.
So....I loved the story. I loved the characters. I am so looking forward to book two and if the author keeps Decca's integrity intact then I know I will love whatever comes next. If the author needs a good editor.....I would LOVE to get that gig!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Alive.

message 1: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren I disagree with the comment about "Catniss" (Katniss BTW). She was FORCED to become that if she wanted to get out alive. It wasn't her fault, really.