Christi Snow's Reviews > A Werewolf's Soldier

A Werewolf's Soldier by Kayley Scott

Aug 12, 12

Read in August, 2012

My {quickie} Review:
Shifters and soldiers....honestly this is a mix I can truly get behind. Add in a little m/m action and it's ALL GOOD.

This was an interesting book. It took a completely unique twist on Shifters (i.e. their amazing strength against humans in battle- hint: humans don't stand a chance). There was also some other really ferocious supernatural creatures. It's setting up to be a really good series with hints at what is to come in book #2. Oh, and you will not believe the twist on gay wolves in this book....really good!

This particular book is about Josh, soldier in the Korengal Valley who gets wounded and left behind, and Tuck, the one-man werewolf super-army who can take out 80 insurgents without thought or effort. When Tuck finds Josh, he knows he's as good as dead unless Tuck does something drastic and he feels that immediate pull to him that tells him that Josh is his mate.

I liked the marked differences in Josh and Tuck. In the normal world, Josh is a take-charge alpha kind of guy....always the biggest, always the baddest. But with Tuck, he's allowed to take the submissive role for the first time in his life and he really likes it.

My only real issue with this book was the over-the-top "sweet talk" between these two and the cute names. It just seemed to be too much and I'm hoping that it was just a personality trait of Tuck's, because other than that it was a great and entertaining book to read. I'm looking forward to book #2.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Werewolf's Soldier.