Candace's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Aug 06, 12

Read in August, 2012

This was a 4-1/2* read for me and a bit better than the first book.  I loved Evie who was quite the underdog heroine, full of self-doubt and insecurities.  The woman who under-valued herself came into her own without losing her sweetness, good-nature, and vulnerability.  While Ansgar, the H was likable, he was somewhat unremarkable to me.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Maybe he was too similar to Brand (the H in the first book).

The humor was hilarious with all the usual crazy talk, antics, and southern wit that I loved so much in book one, Demon Hunting In Dixie.  There was plenty of action, suspense, and who-done-it mystery thrown in with paranormal romance, albeit mostly romantic tension in the first half.  While I wasn't sure how the plot would turn out with Ansgar and the people closest to Evie keeping the truth from her and how she would react to it once she found out, I was happy with the outcome.  There was also a surprise twist in the who-done-it scenario but I don't want to give anything away.  For me, it was the humor, and plenty of it, that made this book such an enjoyable read.  I loved all the secondary characters that played a big part in the first book too. They added their own spice and humor to the mix .

My only negative, which really wasn't that much of a negative was the ending felt a bit rushed.  I wish the focus were solely on Evie and Ansgar.  I felt it could have had more of a romantic, sigh-inducing end.  With that said, however, we got a glimpse of what may come in the next book.  A new villain possibly (which came as a surprise implication) and if my guess is right, Conall and Beck will be the next love interest.  This series is definitely an auto-buy for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.