Stephanie's Reviews > 100 Cupboards

100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson

Aug 06, 12

Read in September, 2011

While reading Book One: 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson- I found myself intrigued and scared! Henry is a twelve year old boy visiting his aunt, uncle, and cousins (all girls). His visit seems a bit mysterious and when he wakes up with plaster in his hair and knobs turning on his wall- the action really starts! Henry works hard to scrape off the rest of the plaster and reveals 100 cupboards of various shapes and sizes. He soon realizes he can hear and see through some of them. What is behind each of the cupboards? Are they safe to explore? Can anything come out? These questions and more will keep you turning the pages until you get to the end!

I like how the author built the plot and the story grew as I read. The characters were all interesting and unique. I think Henry is very brave and a bit daring because those cupboards gave me the shivers! This is a series- so it looks like there will be more exploring of the cupboards in the future- which excites me and makes my knees knock, too! I recommend this book to any kids between the ages of 9-13 who like a thrilling adventure with magic and a dose of fear!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 100 Cupboards.