Tim's Reviews > Protect and Defend

M 50x66
Aug 06, 2012

bookshelves: political-thriller
Read in August, 2012

I read this book right after Executive Power, which as it turns out is Rapp 6, and this is Rapp 10. So there was some filling in the blanks as I tried to figure out what happened to whom in the book. Eventually, Mr Flynn, explains it, but the first few chapters had me wondering what was going on. When you pick up a book it doesn't say - Mitch Rapp 10 or 9 or 1 on it, so one does not know where in sequence one is; interestingly the first chapter of this book is at the end of Executive Power so one tends to think that they are sequential; but, to be honest I didn't read that chapter as I had this book to read and so dove right in after finishing Executive Power.

All that aside, the book is a pretty good story of the kidnapping of Director Kennedy and how Mitch undertakes the mission to retrieve his friend from the bad guys. The side story is how things on the surface of country are not as they sometimes appear, moral: do not take a blustering leader as a sign of a cohesive backing. Side, side story: there are good people in even in corrupt governments. Fun book that really picks up steam about half way through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Protect and Defend.