Melliane's Reviews > Redemption

Aug 22, 12

Read from August 06 to 10, 2012

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I was pretty curious to start this book, indeed, I knew the author by her auther series and I really loved the first novel. When I had the opportunity to read the first book of this new saga, I quickly got into it. I was immediately intrigued by the synopsis that seemed to feature something I’ve never read before.

The vaccine used on humans during the pandemic had turned upside down the whole lives of the vampires. Indeed, each person who has taken the medicine has a poisonous blood now for our bloodsuckers. In this context, Aidan Murphy bought a city where he lives quietly, him some other vampires and uninfected humans. Everything was going well until one day the Aidan’s brother, Owen, is saved from death against a small service, killing his brother and destroying the city he built. All this is happening at the same time as a young woman, Krystal Harris comes to town to be interviewed to obtain a job in the hospital of the town. She is however far from suspecting that this work will change her life forever. She certainly doesn’t expect to arrive in a vampires town and especially to be sequestered there by Aidan so she can help to treat all victims of the attacks by his dear brother. But more than that, things get complicated when Krys and Aidan start to feel an intense attraction towards each other.

I loved all the characters. Aidan, this man who tries to be the master on board, to make the decisions, even if they are far from simple. This vampire knows what he wants and is willing to do anything to keep his city and to protect the people who live there. Krys looks like him in many ways. She is not the naïve young woman to whom we might expect; rather she is also very stubborn and determined in every situation. She doesn’t let anything go down, and even if she doesn’t know how others will react, she doesn’t hesitate to tell the truth. I loved her character, she is far from being submissive and has a very strong personality that we can only like. Well, She didn’t have an paceful life until now...

I enjoyed this novel, a new great paranormal romance saga. We are intrigued from the start of all the events and it is far from over. the book introduces us many characters and I really look forward to learn more about them, including about Mirren as we have enough information for wanting more. The writing style is fluid and the novel has a good rhythm, I am now curious to learn more and to discover a new couple in the second volume of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption.

08/10/2012 page 191