Karla's Reviews > The Devil's Match

The Devil's Match by Victoria Vane

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

5 DeVere-ly Delicious Stars!!! The Devil’s Match set me on FIRE!! Diana is the perfect 'match' for this Devil in every sense of the word. She is the one who lights the flame that IGNITES DeVere’s passion.

Ludovic is wicked, smug, indulges too much, and is devilishly delicious!! BUT, what I love about him most is deep down, he’s a good man, takes care of the ones he loves, no matter the cost to him. His ego might be inflated ten-fold, but we come to see, that underneath it all is a man who’s suffered his fair share of pain and shame.

I love Diana’s strength, but DeVere has cracked her resolve and she is defenseless against the only man who has ever shown her what it feels like to be desired. Now she is determined to have him, not only in body, but win his heart and soul too. What she does and how she does it…well...you might want to read this in a tub filled with ice cubes!!

”“Feel?” she cried out. “What could a man like you possibly feel beyond your—”
“My what?” He brought her hand to his groin. “Say it, Diana. I love hearing vulgar words from your lovely lips.”
“I refuse to gratify that.” She snatched her hand away as if burned.
He laughed. “Then I’ll say it for you—my cock. The part of me that oftimes governs my life. Yes, I feel a great deal there and with great frequency, but each encounter is soon forgotten. You were the exception to that. You were never just a fuck to me. Can’t you understand that? For the first time, I wanted more. I wanted something else from you, Diana, but that something was denied me. And when I knew I couldn’t have it, when it appeared utterly impossible, I was enraged.”

The writing is SUPERB!! The dialogue shines, and with every word you become more attached and invested in the characters. Victoria Vane injects witty, snarky humor and she is the “Mistress of Sensuality”. It’s not just a romp in the sack, but a full out exploration and adventure in sexuality, luscious, delicious erotica which is passionate and leaves you breathless. All that and we get to visit with the darling, sexy Ned, his lovely wife Phoebe, the lively, spirited Vesta and her adoring betrothed, Hew. They are woven nicely into the plot, with some humorous fatherly moments from Ned, and they add another layer to this already rich story.

The epilogue was over-the-top fitting! One I never expected, but was thrilled to read and so deserving of this wonderful couple that I’ve grown to love throughout the series. I hope this is not the last that we read of them. I know they will make appearances as the series goes forward, but I’m hoping that Victoria might consider giving us vignettes that feature Ludovic and Diana, with glimpses into their lives, and knowledge that their passion for each other still burns hot!!

*My thanks to Victoria Vane for an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Match.

08/06/2012
23.0% "Oh my, Papa Ned is p*ssed...he's so sexy when he's angry! LOL!"
08/06/2012
28.0% "Vesta, you're such a vixen! I adore you."
08/06/2012
49.0% "I have a feeling when DeVere finally has his way with Diana...and it's gonna happen, he is after all The Devil...my Kindle is going to explode!!! The sexual tension is KILLING me!!" 14 comments
08/06/2012
69.0% "I didn't think she would do it....hmmmm...yeah I did! Go Diana!!"
88.0% " Photobucket" 20 comments
90.0% "GASP!!" 3 comments
08/06/2012
100.0% "Brilliant!! I love you Viscount Ludovic DeVere! Thank you Victoria Vane...I enjoyed every single word!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karla (¯`·..·♥Anna♥·..·´¯) wrote: "You have this book already?? Oh how I envy you!!"

Yes, Victoria was kind enough to send me a copy to review. It's fabulous...I love DeVere!!

message 2: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Aug 07, 2012 09:10AM) (new) - added it

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Squeeee! I can't wait for your review. *Squeeee again*. I can't wait to read these books!

Jill Look forward to your review, Karla. Hurry up!

Karla Kristen wrote: "Squeeee! I can't wait for your review. *Squeeee again*. I can't wait to read these books!"

I know you Kristen, and I feel confident when I say you are going to love this series!

Karla Jill wrote: "Look forward to your review, Karla. Hurry up!"

I want to dive in one more time, then I'm on it!

Kathleen I'm impatiently waiting for 8/24. I just have to have MORE of DeVere. Good thing I don't have too long to wait.

KatLynne Looking forward to your review Karla! I've read so many good reviews about this series and need to bump it up on my list:)

Karla KatLynne wrote: "Looking forward to your review Karla! I've read so many good reviews about this series and need to bump it up on my list:)"

It's a good one KatLynne, I think you would enjoy it!

Karla (¯`·..·♥Anna♥·..·´¯) wrote: "Wonderful review for a magnificent book! I love DeVere so much!"

Thank you Anna! I could pick it up and read it all over again!

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ great review Karla...glad u enjoyed it so much!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Deliciously good review, Karla! :-))

Karla ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "great review Karla...glad u enjoyed it so much!"

Thank you Sharon!

Karla Baba wrote: "Deliciously good review, Karla! :-))"

Thanks Baba, the book is finger lickin' good!

♡Karlyn P♡ This looks awesome Karla!!! Great review!

Karla ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "This looks awesome Karla!!! Great review!"

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Karla wrote: "Baba wrote: "Deliciously good review, Karla! :-))"

Thanks Baba, the book is finger lickin' good!"

LOL I hope I can lick my fingers too when I'll be reading it eventually. :-))

Karla Baba wrote: "Karla wrote: "Baba wrote: "Deliciously good review, Karla! :-))"

Thanks Baba, the book is finger lickin' good!"

LOL I hope I can lick my fingers too when I'll be reading it eventually. :-))"

LOL...you might want to lick the book, I had to stop myself once or twice!

♡Karlyn P♡ Karla wrote: "♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "This looks awesome Karla!!! Great review!"

Thanks KarLyn! Have you read the other books in this series? I highly recommend that you do!"

No, I hadn't heard of this one. I'm looking at book 1, do they need to be read in order?

Karla ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "Karla wrote: "♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "This looks awesome Karla!!! Great review!"

No, I hadn't heard of this..."

Yes, they should be read in order...it's actually four novellas that comprise one long story. The first two feature couples other than DeVere, but he always is heavily involved in the story.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Squeeee! You're review was superb. So excited for this series. I may wait a few weeks to read though. These books are getting such rave review I don't want to ruin it by expecting too much, you know?

message 22: by Jessica (last edited Aug 18, 2012 12:02PM) (new) - added it

Jessica Great review, Karla! I'm adding this series to my to buy list. :)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Wow, Karla! Sounds hot and steamy. Perhaps Wendy's fan is required! LOL

I do have book 1, but fear I may go on a book binge, which Idon't have time for. In a couple of weeks. Buddy read anyone (for book 1)?

Karla Jessica wrote: "Great review, Karla! I'm adding this series to my to buy list. :)"

Thank you Jessica! I think you'll be happy you did!

Karla Kristen wrote: "Squeeee! You're review was superb. So excited for this series. I may wait a few weeks to read though. These books are getting such rave review I don't want to ruin it by expecting too much, you know?"

Thanks Kristen, it's a superb book! I know that feeling, sometimes I hold off on hot books, let the dust settle, then read it.

Karla Anna wrote: "Wow, Karla! Sounds hot and steamy. Perhaps Wendy's fan is required! LOL

Yes, a big fan is required! LOL! When you read it, I'll be sure to follow along!

message 27: by Elizabeth (Liz) (new)

Elizabeth (Liz) Awesome review!! :)

message 28: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill Fantabulous review, Karla! And I agree this series has been one devil (*snicker*) of a ride. This final book was a perfect ending to DeVere's story.

KindleRomance Reviews Lovely review! Going on the TBR pile:-)

Karla Elizabeth wrote: "Awesome review!! :)"

Thank you Elizabeth! I just love this series!

Karla Jill wrote: "Fantabulous review, Karla! And I agree this series has been one devil (*snicker*) of a ride. This final book was a perfect ending to DeVere's story."

Thank you Jill! This series has been such a delight to read and Victoria did a fantastic job with each book. I've grown to love all the characters in this series, but DeVere has my heart!

Karla Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Lovely review! Going on the TBR pile:-)"

Thanks Kris! The author's writing is delicious!

KatLynne Fantastic review Karla!! I'm hoping to start this series very soon!

Karla KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review Karla!! I'm hoping to start this series very soon!"

Thanks dear friend! You are going to love these stories!

message 35: by Dee (new)

Dee Fab review sweetie ☺

Kathleen Great Review Karla, I'm starting this one today :-)

Karla Dee wrote: "Fab review sweetie ☺"

Thank you Dee! I'm still going through Olympic withdrawal!! LOL!

Karla Kathleen wrote: "Great Review Karla, I'm starting this one today :-)"

You are going to love it!!!

message 39: by Dee (new)

Dee Karla wrote: "Dee wrote: "Fab review sweetie ☺"

Thank you Dee! I'm still going through Olympic withdrawal!! LOL!"

Yeah me too ha ha.......Keep looking at TV and wishing we had some Olympic sport on there which is very unusual as I hate watching sport on the TV :))

We are all now starting to get revved up for the paralympics which starts soon!

message 40: by Kelly22 (new)

Kelly22 Sounds great Karla, fantastic review!

Karla Thank you Kelly!

Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict Great review Karla!!

Karla Dorsey wrote: "Great review Karla!!"

Thanks Dorsey, somehow I missed this!