Sanalith's Reviews > Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha

Fever Moon by Karen Marie Moning

Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: 2012, artbook, romance
Read in August, 2012

This was an interesting experience for me. I never read graphic novels, mainly because I tend to REALLY dislike the artwork style. The same goes even for traditional comic books. I think I've just been spoiled by gorgeous manga artwork, and American graphic novels just seem way too harsh and bright. But I can't NOT read anything by KMM, so I didn't really have a choice. I figured I'd just slog through the artwork and focus on the story.

But the harsh lines and overly bright colors fit so perfectly into the Fever world. It's not a pretty, gentle place. It's rough around the edges, it's cruel, and I don't think my preferred style of art would have worked nearly so well.

I will say I was a bit disappointed at the ending. Mac's final battle with the Fear Dorcha was just...anticlimactic. The way she won almost didn't make any sense to me, and I was left feeling like I completely missed something. I'm hoping if I read it again it'll fall into place better. But overall, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, and it definitely put me in the mood for her new series in October!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever Moon.