Rebecca Graf's Reviews > The Immortality Virus

The Immortality Virus by Christine Amsden

Aug 06, 12

What if you could live forever? What if you would rather not? Some people long for immortality. Christine Amsden shows how immortality can be a disease in The Immortality Virus.

A woman blacklisted as a private investigator is mysteriously summoned to a rich man who is also under suspicion for murder. Watched from all sides, she has no idea who to believe and trust. What started off as a job to find a missing person has become something much bigger.

The story has a well developed plot that is set at a steady pace that is not too fast nor too slow. The plot keeps the reader engaged and guessing as to what is really happening and what could possibly happen next. I like that in a story.

Ms. Amsden's writing style is easy to read and not too intimidating considering what she is writing about. I have found way too often that many of the science fiction stories write in a manner that is confusing and lack in explanation. Ms. Amsden gives the reader the right amount of knowledge they need as they read. If you are not a big science fiction or futuristic reader like me, this book will actually appeal to you as you will be able to follow it easily and enjoy it.

Ms. Amsden does an excellent job weaving a story that keeps you wanting to turn the page and keeps you engaged. I'm not big on this genre, but I enjoyed the book and highly recommend it especially if you like the genres it falls into.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of The Virtual Book Tour Cafe' and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by The Virtual Book Tour Cafe', no payment was received by me in exchange for this review nor was there an obligation to write a positive one. All opinions expressed here are entirely of my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortality Virus.