Henrietta's Reviews > Losing Lila

Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson

Aug 09, 12

Read from August 06 to 09, 2012

As a sequel to Hunting Lila, Losing Lila starts off with Alex doing something that is kinda sweet and unexpected. Then, things just keep getting better and better…

I find myself feeling captivated and in awe by everything that is going on. Things are moving pretty fast. There are plenty of chasing, running, hiding and more running. The scenes are never boring though, and I enjoy watching the protagonists thinking on the fly and doing whatever they can to dodge those being sent by the Unit.

I like that Lila and Alex have developed a much closer relationship in this book.

Lila is growing stronger. It’s really fun to watch her practice her telekinetic power on things as well as people. I’m glad that she is learning to enjoy using her ability instead of feeling scared by her ability. I also love that she is becoming more and more creative about the use of her ability.

Alex is still strong and capable. I like that he is expressing more of his inner struggles in this book. I think seeing him struggle helps me find him real and relatable. I think I like him better here than in Hunting Lila.

Although Lila is still reckless at times, I love that she is learning to take more control of herself, of her life. It’s refreshing to see her become more independent, and I must say it is such a welcoming change to see her think for herself, think for others and resolve situations mostly on her own.

I enjoy reading about the secondary characters. Although they don’t have too much of a storyline on their own, people like Key, Nate and Suki, add some delightful humor and heart-warming moments to the story. I personally enjoy their presence, as I find them helping to make the story more cheerful, well-grounded and less formulaic.

Losing Lila is very fast-paced, addictive and action-packed. It has quite a few unexpected revelations that keep me eager to keep reading and flipping to the next page! The ending is enjoyable. I also like the little “extra fix of Alex” at the end. :)

The post was originally published on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Lila.