Alissa's Reviews > Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience

Good in a Room by Stephanie Palmer

Nov 23, 08

bookshelves: business, nonfiction, staff-suggestion, 2008

This is an excellent business book for anyone who presents ideas at work, owns a small business, attends networking events or is involved in any type of selling. It’s subtitle is: how to sell yourself (and your ideas) and win over any audience.

The first section I skimmed a lot but once I got to the second part I really started to understand what Palmer was driving at and went back and re-read the first few chapters. Based on her experience as a movie studio executive who was pitched ideas day in and day out she tells you how to handle presentations. This is full of great practical tips and provides excellent examples through the use of four fictional case studies. A particular thing I liked was later in the book when discussing how to write an effective pitch email she footnotes the email to explain why something was good or bad. Very good advice and this book goes the extra step by showing you specifically how to apply it.

Definitely going on my recommended list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in a Room.