Ada's Reviews > It Happened One Season

It Happened One Season by Stephanie Laurens

Aug 12, 2012

liked it
Read from August 05 to 11, 2012

Love the idea of having 4 stories that have the same basis but written by 4 different authors. I read the original book "It Happened One Night" and it was appealing but I didn't enjoy the stories as much as I did this time.

Stephanie Laurens - The Seduction of Sebastian Trantor - 3.5/5

This was a well written piece, had quite a bit of levity that lent well to the story. It was enjoyable following the detective work of Tabitha and Sebastian as they worked together to find out who the evil blackmailer was.

Mary Balough - Only Love - 3/5

This story was well written but probably my least favorite of the 4. I didn't like our heroine, Cleo, so much. She's a widow but her attitude and actions, especially towards our hero Jack Gilchrist, left me a bit cold. I didn't feel much of a connection between their characters and thus, didn't enjoy the culmination of the story in their love.

Jacquie D'Alessandro - Hope Springs Eternal - 4.5/5

This was by far my favorite of the 4 stories. Our returning hero is Captain Alec Trentwell and our heroine is Penelope Markham. I felt such a connection to the story and felt so involved from start to finish, I only wish their story was more than just a short novella. There was so much humanity in Alec's secret, believing it was his fault that Penelope's brother died during the war. I absolutely loved loved loved this read.

Candice Hern - Fate Strikes A Bargain 4/5

This was an interesting story about two characters that were both "flawed" - Phillipa with her limp and Nat with his demons from war. I enjoyed how Nat was written as a straight forward type who didn't condescend towards Phillipa however, I really didn't enjoy the passages with her family. True, their actions were supposedly out of love but it just made me want to finish the book so I didn't have to see how her brother and mother treated her.

Overall, interesting concept. I would love to see another book similar to this one

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Happened One Season.

08/10/2012 page 334