Kyleigh Trott's Reviews > The Fallen and Leviathan

The Fallen and Leviathan by Thomas E. Sniegoski

This book is amazing.

I was looking for a new series to pick up - and grew interested with the cover of this one (sorry, lol, hot half-naked dude on the cover), so I picked it up and read it. I wasn't disappointed. I loved it, more than anything. It's engaging, it's paced dynamically, and it's written in such a way that I kept flipping the page over and over and wanting more.

Our main character is a teenage boy. I was a bit weary at first, but the prologue was so damn interesting, I kept reading. Our boy turns a certain age, and before you know it, suddenly he's having strange dreams, he can understand a myriad of languages, and he's confused beyond belief.

And then he hears a word.

Nephilim.

Angels.

When I encountered that part, I honestly shook my head, rolled my eyes, and wanted to chuck the book across the room. Oh, great, I thought to myself, is this going to be some stupid, religion-fueled story? If it's one thing I can't stand - it's religion threaded into books. But lo and behold, it wasn't - and I was really happy about this.

Oh, sure, you get to get familiar with the mythos of Christianity (I believe, I'm rusty on my religion), and there's even an appearance by the archangel Gabriel.

But our main character, accompanied by his trusty dog Gabriel (haha), plunges forward into this new world. He faces difficulties that would drive any normal person down to his knees, and he bounces back. It's truly incredible. You root for this guy when the odds look grim, and you want to cry for him when his heart is ripped into pieces.

This is a page-turning, emotional roller coaster. You really don't want to miss this series.

And it's two books in one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen and Leviathan.