Natali's Reviews > How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen: From Toddlers to Teenagers: Connecting with Your Children at Every Age

How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen by H. Norman Wright

Sep 04, 12

Read from August 05 to 20, 2012

I got about 2/3 through this book before I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to ditch it before I finished it. I did not like it. The author's main supporting text is the bible. Not for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen.

message 1: by Eivind (new)

Eivind I'm shocked to hear that. The Bible seems like such an excellent foundation text for parenting.

Natali Really!? The Bible endorses rape as a good way to punish women. Genocide, etc.

message 3: by Eivind (new)

Eivind Natali wrote: "Really!? The Bible endorses rape as a good way to punish women. Genocide, etc."

No, not really :-P

Natali Yes really. Perhaps you haven't read the bible? I've read it many times all the way through.

message 5: by Eivind (new)

Eivind Natali wrote: "Yes really. Perhaps you haven't read the bible? I've read it many times all the way through."

Oy. This isn't going well. The 'not really' was in reply to your 'really!?'

Natali Ohhhhhhhhh! Thought I had a debate with a bible thumper on my hands. Ha!!

message 7: by Meedo (new)

Meedo Taha Nathali are you familiar with Alice Miller's work? I'm not sure how old your children are, but The Drama of the Gifted Child is seminal -- and if not now then in a couple of years would be a good read.

Natali No I'm not but I'll check it out. Thanks!!

message 9: by Meedo (new)

Meedo Taha You're most welcome. And I just noticed I Frenchified your name. Nathalie! Haha.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy Oh Lord (pun intended). Someone recommended this to me, but thanks to your review, I will be giving it a pass! Thanks!