Bianca's Reviews > Teach Me

Teach Me by R.A. Nelson

Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: feminism, good-book, female-narrator, romance, love-triangle, unique, young-adult
Read in August, 2012

I don't know why I'm rating this 4 stars, but I am. Maybe because in a way, the book was attractive. Instead of reviewing the book, I'll just tell you what I did and did not like about it.

The first 50 pages
Why?
Because they were confusing and made almost no sense.
Did not like:
How co-dependent Carolina was with her teacher.
Why?
I get that she loved him, but she still did have a life, and parents, and an awesome best friend.
Did not like:
Mr. Mann -the teacher-'s excuse for breaking up with Carolina.
Why?
I won't spoil it for you, but to me it was selfish and stupid.
Did like:
Schuyler. I loved Schuyler actually. His character was very sweet, real, and compassionate. Instead of falling for Mr. Mann, I fell for Schuyler.
How mature Carolina was.
Why?
She was insane and random at times, but she didn't whine... She just coped really weirdly. Like...rrreealllyy weirdly.
Did like:
The plot after the first 50 pages.

So if you feel uncomfortable reading teacher/student romances, then...you shouldn't even be looking at this review, but just know that the author got the idea from somewhere. There was one at my school actually. The girl was a minor and that was wrong...and disgusting...but nothing about this book really, like, sets you off. And also, I think I figured out why I rated this 4 stars. Because it made me feel something. Pity for Carolina (no matter how insanely weird she was), pity for her parents, no pity for Mr. Mann, and love for Schuyler.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teach Me.