Shoshanah's Reviews > Timeless Desire

Timeless Desire by Gwyn Cready

F 50x66
Aug 10, 12

Read from August 03 to 08, 2012

Panna Kennedy is a librarian, still getting over the death of her husband two years prior. Her library is facing budget cuts so she searches the library in hopes in finding something to help turn things around. But in her search she instead walks through a door that takes here to the Highlands in Scotland, where she meets the handsome Captain Bridgewater, soldier of the British army.

Going into this I thought it would be cute, and probably a little cheesy. I thought I would enjoy it, but wasn't expecting too much from it. Except the book took me by surprise and I really enjoyed my time with it.

I was afraid the book would be all romance and little history. Not that it would have been a bad thing, and I still would have enjoyed it, but I love reading more historical books. I can't say how historically accurate the situation in Scotland was, but there was enough name dropping (mainly Queen Anne and the Duke of Marlborough) that it felt authentic to me.

At lot of time when I read these romance type books, the love scenes read a little uneasy for me. But after read 50 Shades, this felt really tame. I have a feeling this is going to be true for most romance books I read now, and it's definitely an interesting development.

Again, this book was a great surprise and a fun escape from everyday life. It was the perfect version of a romance meets history for me, and I think I'd really enjoy Cready other books as well.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless Desire.

08/05/2012 page 143