Lara Frazier's Reviews > The Happiest Days of Our Lives

The Happiest Days of Our Lives by Wil Wheaton

Aug 05, 2012

Read from September 01 to 12, 2015

Aside from the weird track mix up on my 2nd CD, PLEASE get the audio version! Hearing Wil singing Mr. Roboto alone is worth the money. Wil gives an amazing performance, which I'm sure isn't hard with his own material. I recommend the audio in particular because the stories resonate even more, hearing the grin behind his voice singing to get a reaction out of his son, the love talking about Ryan, Nolan, Anne, and Aunt Val, the pain behind his first day of high school and parent night in grade school, the impatience and gravity of choosing the right Star Wars action figure and the shame of choosing the wrong one. I've heard a few of these stories from various con appearances on Youtube, and enjoyed them even more listening again in my car. Fair warning, don't listen to the Mr. Roboto story while driving. I almost rear ended a guy laughing so hard. I love Wil's writing, how his honesty drives every story. I sincerely hope he publishes more soon, especially in audio form.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Happiest Days of Our Lives.

09/01/2015 marked as: currently-reading