Melissa Railey's Reviews > Poltergeeks

Poltergeeks by Sean Cummings

2620090
Aug 05, 12

Read in August, 2012

This book felt a little bit younger than what I usually read but it was enjoyable. It was kind of like Nancy Drew meets Veronica Mars. Cummings had some really good dialogue and humor in the story. Plus, there were some geeky references thrown in that had me laughing. I liked Julie and Marcus a lot and thought that they seemed like normal teenagers. I would like to see how the characters grow in future books (which I assume there's going to be more). I'm also really digging the relationship between Julie and her mother. You can tell that there's going to be more there. I liked that she's an actual mother to Julie and tries to protect her instead of be Julie's best friend. And Julie really wants her mother's approval. That desire to please her mother is what got Julie involved in the mess in this book to begin with.

Cummings has a lot of room to grow with this series and the potential for character and world development is there. This is a good building block for what could become a great series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poltergeeks.