Jenny's Reviews > Something Blue

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Aug 05, 2012

I absolutely adored this book! I was so eager to read it after Something Borrowed and being from the UK i cannot buy the books in the UK and have to order them online, however i waited until i next came to America and i think i completed it in just a few days, perfect book for beach, holiday reading etc.

After Something Borrowed i hated Darcy, however after reading Something Blue, i find it difficult to entirely hate Darcy now!

I love the story from Darcy's point of view and how to she matures and changes throughout the book. I love how their is also more focus on Ethan, he was definitely ignored too much in the first book. Although Darcy is already or nearing 30 this book is almost her stages from young girl to a young woman. I love how Darcy soul searches and becomes less self absorbed and starts to realise that not all happiness is materialistic and happiness can come from true love and the things that money cannot buy and you cannot take things for granted. Love is not about two 'hotties' being together. But finding love with the perfect on the inside.

I love this book and have read it many times since i originally bought it. Emily Giffin is extremely talented, i just wish it was easier to purchase her books in the UK! I would definitely recommend this book!

Usually i dislike films based on books i have enjoyed so much, but after falling in love with Something Borrowed (Book & film) I am eagerly awaiting news of a 'Something Blue' Film!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Blue.