Jodi's Reviews > Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Aug 05, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read on August 05, 2012

As all of you know I am a 4th grade teacher and I am reading it before I read it to my class. My very dear friend told me about this Chapter series a few months ago. I am still reading this book but it mirrors China’s One-Child policy. Although, the book has a two-child policy. The book is engaging and it is extremely suspenseful. I copied the plot right from the authors webpage " Luke has never been to school. He's never had a birthday party, or gone to a friend's house for an overnight. In fact, Luke has never had a friend. Luke is one of the shadow children, a third child forbidden by the Population Police. He's lived his entire life in hiding, and now, with a new housing development replacing the woods next to his family's farm, he is no longer even allowed to go outside. Then, one day Luke sees a girl's face in the window of a house where he knows two other children already live. Finally, he's met a shadow child like himself. Jen is willing to risk everything to come out of the shadows". http://www.haddixbooks.com/books/hidd... My students are going to love read aloud time. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Hidden.