Soma "Insomnia Of Books"'s Reviews > The Fire of Dawn

The Fire of Dawn by V.V. Aku

Aug 12, 12

Read from August 05 to 07, 2012

-- My Thoughts --
I don't actually know hot to start my review of this book, it's just that it was a wonderful addition to my reading list. This book can be described as Twilight-like with a new twists and turns.
Leah barely survives a huge explosion that killed her friends and everyone in the bar, where she went to celebrate her 18th birthday. After gaining back her consciousness, Leah realizes she has a hugely-improved eye vision, hearing ability, and that she is hungry. She is craving for food, but not the food she normally eats, she is craving for human blood...
Trying to cope with her new senses, Leah encounters a pack of people who claim to be immortal like her. They try to make Leah understand her importance in finally bringing peace to their world and stopping bloodshed between the immortals and the Brotherhood, a group pf humans who want to kill all the immortals.
But the Brotherhood take Leah as a prisoner, and leave her mate, gorgeous protective Max in a wreck. Will Leah be able to escape her abductors? Will she be able to save the immortal world and bring peace to the land? And will she ever be with her beloved Max? Find out much more when you read this exhilarating and captivating book, The Fire Of Dawn.
I liked many aspects of this book. I liked the story-line, the author has a really good story going on. The voice of the author is simple and delicate, she describes exactly what the characters should feel, no mysteries. But the one thing I hated, is the insta-love between Leah and Max. Love grows on people, it doesn't just pop out of nowhere.
The end was pretty predictable. Except a few minor flaws, this book was an enjoyable, captivating read, that will appeal to every paranormal fan, specially Twilight and Vampire Academy fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire of Dawn.

08/05/2012