Rachmi's Reviews > The Last Echo

Aug 06, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: ebook
Read from August 04 to 06, 2012

The Last Echo didn't as good as The Body Finder but absolutely better than Desires of The Dead. I like the part about the collector, it really creepy and i can feel his anger throughout the story but i'm quite disappointed with other characters.

First, Rafe. Why Derting have to make Rafe 'involved' with Violet? it makes the book like any other YA story which have the love triangles. In some way, I didn't mind with the love triangles, but in this series I like Jay-Violet's relationship, just their relationship without interfere from other characters. The relationship that build slowly and strong along the story.

Second, Violet's friends, her friends from high school. Chelsea, Jules and Claire. I miss them. In this book the focus become Violet's team. I didn't say that I don't like Violet's team but her friends from high school make the story 'light' in some way. What I like with Violet's friends is their drama. I like to read about Chelsea's witty, Claire's straight face and Jules with her juiciest gossip. Their conversation make Violet seem real as a teenager.

So, I hope in next installment, Derting can balance the story about Violet's friends from high school and her team and there isn't the love triangles drama.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Echo.

♥ Sarah Aw Rachmi, I'm actually really LOVING the love-triangle!! :P

Rachmi Oh no, I don't want any love triangle between Jay and Violet. I'm okay if Rafe wanted to be with me but leave Jay and Violet alone :D

♥ Sarah I just reread your review for the next book and now I'm kinda deflated... It seems you got your wish, Rachmi! *hmph*

*sadface*

RAFE...<3

Rachmi I guess I get my wish but I'm not 100% certain about it because Rafe is persistent, you know :)

But you will get your answer of some of things you wrote on your review.