Kori Morris's Reviews > God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian

Sep 13, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: to-read
Read in September, 2012

I was initially attracted to this book because I read an excerpt of the introduction somewhere, which poked fun of Vonnegut telling an audience of humanists at Isaac Asimov's funeral that "Isaac is up in Heaven now". So I borrowed this book, a series of excerpts showing Vonnegut popping up to Heaven and having interviews with dead people. Occasionally thought provoking, almost always witty, and featuring Hitler apologizing for any wrongs he may, however unintentionally, committed against some 35 million people involved in World War II. My main beef with the book was that each interview was 2 to three pages, and while they managed to be incredibly revealing in that brief time, I yearned for more. An entire book of 2 to 3 paged stories just isn't enough to keep me indulged in various interviews - there isn't any time to grow attached. All in all, well worth a read and a chuckle, and don't expect the read to take even half an hour for the slowest of readers, but I don't know if any more would have kept me reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian.