Ellen's Reviews > Wildflowers from Winter

Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert

Aug 04, 12

bookshelves: christian-fiction, publisher-book-reviews, romance
Read in August, 2012

Going home... this simple phrase can evoke so many different emotions.

Bethany, an up-and-coming architect in Chicago, has escaped a hard past and is moving forward in her life. When an unexpected phone call from her mom shatters her day, she returns home just long enough to pay her respects to her childhood friend and visit with her grandfather.

She quickly returns to Chicago to find her life there has also turned upside down. Now, with no job and no boyfriend, she moves back home to start a new life. Can she make peace with her past? Can God be a loving God... one who is desiring her to "come home?"

Click HERE to read Chapter 1!

Many Christian novels are written around the theme of returning home - not just in the physical sense, but the spiritual one, too. In Katie's book, Wildflowers from Winter, she explores why someone would leave home and God and how God calls her home.

I enjoyed Wildflowers from Winter. It did take me a few chapters to get into the story, but after that, I was hooked. I like to put myself into the shoes of the characters. How would I react if in Bethany's shoes? How do I see God in my own life?

Wildflowers from Winter: author podcast

I received a complimentary copy of Wildflowers from Winter from WaterBrook Press and their Blogging for Books program for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildflowers from Winter.