Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)'s Reviews > Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Aug 07, 12

Read from August 04 to 07, 2012

So based on the blurb, I expected this to be a bit funnier, and well, different from what I actually read. I liked Confessions, but it was heavier than I expected. Don't get me wrong, I still had plenty to laugh at, but something about it makes it a story that I enjoy while reading, but I don't see it sticking with me long after I read it.
I liked Rose, and her emotions were well written. She was snarky, got herself into crazy situations and I could totally relate to her anger, sorrow (even though I didn't lose my dad, I have been through some tough stuff) and frustrations. I felt so bad for her when she was being targeted, and its so sad that stuff like this really happens in the high schools. I hate bullying, but I think that its important to see that it really happens.
I didn't really like Tracy, the best friend. I wanted to slap some sense into her. I hated how shallow and self absorbed she was at times, but maybe I am a little biased. But even worse than Tracy is Regina. But Regina is more of a well written villian. She always showed up when least wanted and she did some truly mean things.
Jaime is sort of an enigma to me. I didn't quite get why he was with Regina, and there was some insta-love going on between him and Rose, that I never quite understood the appeal. They had some hot moments and I enjoyed that aspect of the story, but I feel like he's too old for her. He also had this bad ass reputation supposedly but that never really felt that, I just felt like I was told and should believe.
One of the awesome things though is the side character of Angelo. I loved his interactions with Rose aka Sweater. I feel like he stole the show, and I hope that he comes back in the next one and honestly I wish he took Jamie's place as the romantic interest.
I also truly felt for Rose about losing her Dad, and I appreciate those moments where she was missing him and connecting with her memories and the memorial site, stemming from the Sgt.
Though on a totally unrelated note, I also felt totally sorry for Robert. I can understand that Rose wasn't into him, but I feel like she used him and really had no excuse for that. But I think that this also makes the story realistic, because he is *that* guy, who is there, who is sweet, but there is no chemistry on your end.
I felt like the story just ended kind of abruptly and even though I know there is a sequel out next year, I still just feel kinda incomplete.
Overall though, I enjoyed Confessions, and the plot and Rose kept me into the story, and I will def be picking up the next one.
Bottom line: I liked the story if not quite what I expected, even with a few things that annoyed me.

For more of my reviews, check out Blkosiner’s YA and Teen Book Blog:
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Angry Girl.