Hannah's Reviews > Imperfect Bliss

Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fales-Hill

Aug 04, 12

This was a really great, light, funny and refreshing read. Yes, the plot was very predictable, but nevertheless I enjoyed the story immensely. As I said, it was kind of a light read, but I also found myself taking some of the issues talked about in the book, and things that the characters were involved in, and thinking about them more. So even though this was a pretty light, I think there is definitely some deeper meaning behind it, and will leave you with something to think about. Especially in today's society with our fixation on reality t.v., sex etc.
The heroine (or fairy tale princess) was African American, which I really liked because it doesn't seem to be all that common in books, especially chick lit. I also like some of the issues that the character Bliss brought up, being African American. It added that deeper element to the story definitely.
I also loved the sense of humor of the writer! Like, no, really.
I thought that this book was pretty darn hilarious. The crazy mom, the easy sister, everyone. They were all perfect for the story and I immediately fell in love with them.
Overall this was a great book and I would totally recommend it to fans of funny, chick lit, and definitely satires.
No kidding folks, this book was pretty funny.
It's sure to make you smile like a fool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Imperfect Bliss.