Jasmine's Reviews > Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart by Moira Young
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
F_50x66
's review
Aug 22, 12

Read in August, 2012

I was so upset when i saw it was coming out on October 30th because its so far away. Then it was in Waterstones yesterday. Which is confusing but BRILLIANT!

Ok i got this book yesterday and finished it today. It was amazing.

The first chapter is about Jack. Then its Saba's point of view again.
I love how Lugh is jelouse of Jack because he thinks Jack is stealing Saba from him. It shows that Lugh actually loves Saba, where as in the first book it seemed Lugh didnt love Saba as much as Saba loved him.

I fell in love with the awesome Nero all over again.
At the start Saba is going crazy, which was odd. Lugh didnt really believe Saba about things the things she saw, which turned out to be true.

I was really worried when i though Nero was in danger. But its all good (:

The end though. Oh god it had me on edge. I'm still thinking of how things ended,

Big Big spoiler (view spoiler)

I need the next book now. And there is nothing on the internet about it at all. I just wanna cry because i need to know things about the next book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Heart.
sign in »

Comments (showing 1-47 of 47) (47 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Zainab I completely agree with you except Demalo wasnt the one watching Saba and Jack kiss... It was Lugh? :)


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "I completely agree with you except Demalo wasnt the one watching Saba and Jack kiss... It was Lugh? :)"

Ooops, i meant Lugh. Thank you for pointing that out ahaha. And yay for someone agreeing with me :D I still cant believe i have to wait for the next one... ahaha (:


Zainab Its okay haha, my first thought was DeMalo... He's so haunting D: I'm so excited for the next books thought I cant find out when its out! Man, why isn't the next book out already *stomps feet* :(


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "Its okay haha, my first thought was DeMalo... He's so haunting D: I'm so excited for the next books thought I cant find out when its out! Man, why isn't the next book out already *stomps feet* :("

I know, its like how could Saba... and just DeMalo and just... EUGH! I'm normally a good guesser, and i almost always guess right in books but that... i had no idea. Its like a love square. I have never read a book with a love square before. Jack, DeMalo, Tommo and her. I know, there is no imformation on this book at all its like EDIOUHIUJ! (:


Zainab I know right? First I was like Saba... you slut -.- then eventually I began to put myself in her shoes and (eventually) forgave her. Jack just makes my heart melt, like how can you do that to charming Jack? I knew Jack was good all along , poor Jackiekins :( Yeah! Like a love square! I mean Tommo? I swear he's Emmi's age? Him and Saba together is like Emmi and Jack. Its just awkward :/ Serious though, I just want the next book.


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "I know right? First I was like Saba... you slut -.- then eventually I began to put myself in her shoes and (eventually) forgave her. Jack just makes my heart melt, like how can you do that to charm..."

I know, and its just the heart stone burning for DeMalo that made me like :O Because i love Jack and ... wow it must suck to be her ahaha. But i still cant believe Jack had a baby with Molly when they were younger, But i suppose it evens things up between them.
I think Tommo is 15. So not quite Emmi's age.
But isnt Nero just awesome! Sorry i just love that crow ahaha. (:


Zainab Yeah, I mean I just hope she actually doesn't end up with DeMalo- he creeps me out D: It doesn't really even it out, like Jack wouldnt betray Saba like that yet she did with some guy who thinks he's like a lost prophet :/
It's just hard to think Tommo's like a man since the first book when ike died *sob*. Nero is frickin cool, haha and so is Tracker :D.


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "Yeah, I mean I just hope she actually doesn't end up with DeMalo- he creeps me out D: It doesn't really even it out, like Jack wouldnt betray Saba like that yet she did with some guy who thinks he..."

I know :/ Im trying to think of a reason to justify Saba's actions but i cant... she was one of the only main characters in books that i liked, Moira Young is ruining that for me ahaha. I suppose she did think he had just hit Emmi over the head and stuff.... Damn you Saba!
Oh i know, i liked Ike :/ And Meav :(


Zainab Well, I still really like Saba. She did give Jack her all and though you cant justify cheating- she did regret it. I mean she put her faith in Jack, though having her heart broken repeatedly by Lugh, Jack and the others. Eventually she broke, had an emotional breakdown and la-di-da one thing led to another and she got caught up in the moment. Aw, Maev! She was amazing and she shouldn't have died. Lugh's going to be extra bitter in the next book- ugh -.-


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "Well, I still really like Saba. She did give Jack her all and though you cant justify cheating- she did regret it. I mean she put her faith in Jack, though having her heart broken repeatedly by Lug..."

I do hate to say this but i dnt like Lugh much. I think i said in my review about how he didnt seem to care about Saba as much as she did for him. Then at the start of this book i liked him but now at the end he just seems angry. I know he feels like he is loosing Saba, and now he thinks Meav's death is her fault but its not and just ...Eugh! Ahaha sorry, i start ranting very easily.


Zainab I think Lugh is okay. I agree that Lugh didn't care much for her in the first book but I think Rebel Heart proves that he really does. Like, at the first chance of losing her he gets all angry... so maybe Moira is just showing his um, ungratefulness? Haha and believe me I rant very easily about books too. I just can't stop talking about them :D. Maev died for Resistance! aw, it wasn't Saba's fault - meh, Lugh's just hurting.


Zainab AAAND- Lugh has got a story to tell. He didn't explain exactly what happened at freedom fields now did he?


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "AAAND- Lugh has got a story to tell. He didn't explain exactly what happened at freedom fields now did he?"

Oooh i forgot that. Auriel said that he should tell them but he wouldnt. Thank you for jogging my memory. I wonder what did happen. I have a few idea's but i can never tell with this trilogy. (im sure its a trilogy)
I NEED THE NEXT BOOK! :(


Zainab Oh yeah that also reminds me... Why doesnt anybody shucking listen to Auriel!? Saba is all now in the 'open' as the book phrased it haha, I wonder what will become of that. Hmm... Seriously I think I might just ask Moira young via email...the next book is nagging at me grr ;(


message 15: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 08, 2012 03:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jasmine I know, listen to her. I know i suppose the "open" thing could mean she is open to other spirits or something.
But part of me is worried for the next book. Someone awesome has died in each book. Well 2 people in one book. And its like someone else is gonna die probably. I might join you on that emailing idea ahaha. Or at least beg her to put a blurb out on the internet ahaha.


Zainab Auriel's so wise :3. Yeah, could be that. I have to admit, I've never gotten the whole 'shadows' thing that pops up in the book. Like saba says to lugh about his shadows? Yeah, normally in the last book everyone dies aha. Example A- The hunger games (if you've read it!) and I'm really considering the whole email idea :D. Lets gang up on Moira Young? In a nice way?


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "Auriel's so wise :3. Yeah, could be that. I have to admit, I've never gotten the whole 'shadows' thing that pops up in the book. Like saba says to lugh about his shadows? Yeah, normally in the last..."

I never got a message saying you replied. Well thats annoying. Yeah, i know what you mean. And yes! Everyone always dies in the last book. And yes i have read the Hunger Games, the least book was just :'( whith the deaths aha. YES! Lets gang up on her! But deffinitly in a nice way (:


Zainab Haha yeah I mean did prim, finnick and like everyone else have to die -.-? I sobbed when finnick died, he was just amazing. Not so much with Prim :/. Okay I'll give you the job of finding Moira Young's personal email address and I'll impress her with my incredible PERSUASIVE vocabulary, asking her when the final book will be released and voila! we will have answers...


message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara OMG I shouldn't have read the spoiler....but I did....How on earth could Saba do that?!?!?!?! Does it ruin the book?! I really really loved her and Jack..How could she do that to him?!


Zainab Oh no O_o you read the spoiler! Thats like most of the plot, aww haha. Yeah, Saba betrays Jack but only cause she thinks he doesnt love her. Its complicated- read it to find out :) And no Sarah it doesnt ruin the book, in my opinion I think this ones slightly better than the first! :)


message 21: by Sara (new)

Sara Hahaha I know I'm so bad...Okay then I'm gonna need to get my hands on this book soooon! Oh okay cool, can't wait to read it :) but one more question: After Saba does...ahem....that..does Jack forgive her? Ugh I spoil too much things for myself haha..Thanks! Must get this boookkkkk


message 22: by Sara (new)

Sara And there better be one kick-a** villian ;D hehe


Jasmine Sara wrote: "And there better be one kick-a** villian ;D hehe"

Hi, Oh no, you read the spoiler. I bet that was a shock ahaha, :)
And in answer to your question, jack doesnt find out. Which makes you think about the next book. And how I need it :D


message 24: by Sara (new)

Sara You bet it was! What can I say, I'm weak when it comes to spoiler alerts...lol :P Ohhh I gotcha!!! Hahaha okay thanks :) at least I have two more months, and then I can join the club of needing the third book :D


Zainab Sara, you can get this book online- if you cant wait haha! xD. And actually there isnt a villian, not really unless you count the Tonton but ofcourse things change in the second book. They're not THAT bad, haha :P. Awh, it'll be like a year till the next book!


message 26: by Sara (new)

Sara Oooo I might just have to look it up and see haha :D well that's fine, the Tonton are are annoying enough! Yeah from what I hear, there's a lotta twists and surprises so I'm excited but also scared haha! And I know...it sucks!


Zainab You might aswell wait a bit, this way you can shorten the time you have to wait for the third book and you wont have to be impatient like me and Jazzy, haha. Yeah you see things from the Tontons point of view, its interesting :)


Jasmine Yes, you do not want to have to wait ages, honestly its aweful. I desperatly want the next book. Me and Zainab were talking about trying to email Moria Young out of pure desperation ahaha :D


message 29: by Sara (new)

Sara Oh cool :) and hahaha yeah I'd stick with the email plan ;) maybe you'll get lucky! I mean, you both got to read Rebel Heart earlier so ya never knowww!! :D


Zainab Most likely we're just going to have to stick with the saying: Patience is a virtue. Damn, im just so impatient haha. I just hope the last book is worth waiting for :)


Jasmine Oh no, now im scared, what if the ending to the third book is rubbish! Oh no :( I know that Moira Young has twitter so i could make myself a twitter and tweet her ahaha. You never know ;)


message 32: by Sara (new)

Sara Zainab, yes, we are gonna have to remind oursleves ;) dude ME TOO! I just hate waiting. haha and yeah Jazzy, I agree with you on that one! Who knows, we can only wait and see I suppose :/ Yes try that out haha


Zainab Jazzy, you do that and let me know how it works out for you okay xD? I dont mind re-reading the books again its just the waiting bit... :(. We're just going to have to occupy ourselves with other books, I suppose ;D.


message 34: by Sara (new)

Sara Hahaha I guess we will have to! :D


Hannah Huh, when I finished the book and read the last part about who you assume is Lugh I immediately thought it was Tommo. I think she left it open for us to interpret because I re-read it and there's no way that I can see of figuring out who it was. I stick by my opinion that it's Tommo but I can see your thinking.


Jasmine Hannah wrote: "Huh, when I finished the book and read the last part about who you assume is Lugh I immediately thought it was Tommo. I think she left it open for us to interpret because I re-read it and there's n..."

WOAH! OMG i seriousy never thought it could be Tommo. I actually went and got the book again to re-read the ending and now you have me thinking that it could of been Tommo.
I mean Saba did decieve Tommo. Ok now im thinking its Tommo. ;D This book is just asdfghjkl; ahaha.


Hannah You got me thinking too, Saba messed over a lot of people. I'm looking forward to the next book but it's not out until 2014 :/ That's got me depressed, I can't wait that long. I literally just finished the book when I started reading through the reviews. I was given it for my birthday, best present ever but now I need to wait to see what happens. I shall just need to read more books to cheer myself up ^.^


Jasmine Yeah she really did :/ Oh no, 2014, how am i meant to wait. I also need to read more books to make me feel better, except i dont have the money to get loads of books. My 'to read' list just gets bigger. Ahaha. Im still angry with myself that i never thought it could be Tommo. ;D


Zainab Ugh, I've missed this conversation! Hannah, I agree that she left it open for us to interpret and I knew it could have been tommo or Lugh, but for some reason I stuck with Lugh. I had my reasons though, but can someone remind me what the lasts words were? I mean the last page? I dont have the book anymore :/. I think it could be lugh because of how Moira has built up the conflict throoughout the second book. He's being really secretive about freedom fields and him and saba are just not getting along. Tommo, is just a side character ... so if it is tommo (at the ending), he must have a big storyline in the next book though for me its most likely to be Lugh. AAAA cant wait to find out in the third book. 2014? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? thats too long? I was hoping like next july? How did you find out, Hannah? And Jazzy, you read super-fast anyway haha. Just borrow loadsa books from the library xD


Zainab P.S- Hannah, I really like your book taste!


Hannah I googled it to find out, I just re-did my search and found out I looked at tumblr to tell me, not sure how correct that would be. The last page:
He watches from the rocks. Unseen. Unheard.
He came to tell her how angry she'd made him.
How she'd hurt him. Betrayed him. Deceived him.
The drink he took earlier keeps him warm.
But then he arrived. Jack. In his boat.
He can't hear what they say, but he watches them.
They talk. They dance.
He watches until he can watch no more.
Then he creeps away. Unseen. Unheard. Back to the cave where the others are sleeping.
He lies there, awake, and stares into the dark.
Hurt.
Betrayed.
Deceived.
I believe it's Tommo because it seems like such a lovers thing to feel, because Saba felt that a lot with Jack and I think Tommo feels the same because she just played with him and Saba thought Jack had done the same to her. And thank you! Maybe we have similar taste.


Jasmine I do read really fast :S Its not really a good things at times ;) But i dont like going to the library, i prefer owning the books ;D

Yeah now i think about it i think its Tommo, Saba didnt really decieve Lugh, but she did deceive Tommo by pretending that she loved him... kinda.


Zainab Oh, to clarify it I searched it too... found out of goodreads that it is being published in 2014- in january. Atleast its not too late :). Heres the link... http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

Haha, jazzy! If only we were rich... my house would be full of books. I've already got boxes full of books, my mum's sick of them xD. I guess I see your point about the tommo-lugh thing, it makes sense.

I'm still tumbling over the whole Lugh-and-tommo-ending-thing. I still think its Lugh, though a part of me thinks Tommo. Thanks for the ending, Hannah! Heres my take on it...

' He came to tell her how angry she'd made him' Thing is, just before Jack came, Saba had JUST been talking to Tommo. He already expressed his anger so what else was there to say? Lugh on the other hand, refused to talk to Saba when he found out about Maev. He was angry but they didnt talk... so maybe he came to tell her how angry he was? The next line: How she'd hurt him, betrayed him. Deceived him. That could mean tommo too. She betrayed and deceived both of them, haha. So this line is a mix :P. Though, ' the drink he took earlier keeps him warm' I remember there were a few lines in the cave, before this scene, where it described Lugh taking a few long swigs of drink- so could be a reference? Though if I remember correctly, Tommo also took a few sips of drink too? 'then he arrived. Jack. In his boat.' Its expressive on JACK. Lugh has always hated jack, this rising conflict in the book, which kinda convinces me of the purpose of this sentence. The next lines of the ending are ambigious to me though - left open to interpret! Though i do agree, its more of a lovers thing to feel, however Lugh did seem slightly erm, infatuated and hysterical over saba in this book which could lead to an epic conclusion in the third :)

Omigawwd, this reply is too long. Well if you didnt get bored halfway and read it- thanks ;)


Jasmine I know, we need to be rich! I need to win the lottery ;D Ahaha yeah my mum is fed up with my boxes full of books as well ;)

2014 D: I had a look and now im sad :( but i have marked it as to read ... and thats something (:

The first line, Its actually "He came to tell her again how angry she had made him" Which means Tommo might have come again. And Tommo would of hated Jack because she loves Jack and not him. Also another thing that makes me think its Tommo now is "he cannt hear what they are saying"

Also yeah, Lugh and Tommo passed the drink between them, so they would have had a lot each (:
JUST WOW! The ending of this book is so simple but also so complex. Well Moria, Well done. :D

I'm gonna just wait and see, because there is great arguments for both characters, and its making my brain head ;D


Zainab Haha xD yeah its something... a little start haha :/

Oh is it? Yeah you know what Im starting to think it's Tommo now! and yeah thats a good point, hes deaf! I forgot about that, haha. Aw wow, Moira young is like a genius. Such an open ending! Its so fun to analyse and interpret :D


Jasmine Zainab wrote: "Haha xD yeah its something... a little start haha :/

Oh is it? Yeah you know what Im starting to think it's Tommo now! and yeah thats a good point, hes deaf! I forgot about that, haha. Aw wow, M..."


Fun but also very frustrating to analyse and interpret ;D


Zainab True that xD


back to top