Felicia's Reviews > Curse the Dawn

Apr 10, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: urban-paranormal, vaginal-urban-fantasy
Read in April, 2009

I dunno about this series. There are a LOT of fun moments, but sometimes Cassie acts too stupid to live. There are many times where she just acts dumb and bad things happen (I think getting your character in trouble is taken to the extreme just to get plot moving, as fun as the ride is)

And THEN ---->

SPOILER ALERT STOP READING IF YOU CARE!!!:
At the peak of the climax it literally takes 3 people to explain to her, for like 2 pages, how she caused everything to go wrong herself. Not only did she mess up a lot, but she totally DIDNT GET IT AFTER IT WAS EXPLAINED TO HER LIKE 3 TIMES BY THE BAD AND GOOD GUYS! I mean just catch UP already!

Also, there's a great love interest in this, Mircea, but this character is NEVER around him, and when they're around they say the same thing to each other over and over. He's controlling and overprotective, she doesn't like it. And there was a random love scene with another character that wasn't really built up to that well, so I was like WTF this is random.

I still gave it three stars because I do love the world and the secondary characters are a LOT of fun and there's great humor, so I dunno. If you like the genre this is definitely worth your look. I will stick by this author but grrr Cassie, get it together!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curse the Dawn.

Nichole (Dirrty H) Two comments: I disagree that Cassie is too stupid to live. I didn't really get the same impression at the end - they explained to her what was going on, which was something that needed to happen so that the reader would know. And I didn't get the sense that they had to explain it to her more than once because she didn't get it. I think she got it pretty quickly. Maybe I'm the one who's dumb because I felt like it was explained just enough.

As far as the random love scene with another character - this was not random at all. This is a full on love triangle that has been building for three books now. There is a whole faction of us who have been waiting impatiently for this scene, and it still didn't even really happen!