David Ketelsen's Reviews > Moonglow

Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

Aug 09, 12

Read from August 05 to 08, 2012

I received an advance readers copy of this book free from a Goodreads giveaway.

This is the first romance novel that I've read and I came into it with some preconceptions. Frankly, Kristen Callihan blew those away with this book. It's very well written with believable characters (if you believe in werewolves and elementals, that is) that interact in emotionally genuine ways. I am impressed with both the book and the author. It's not quite a 5-star novel but it's close.

This is the second book in a 3 book series. I've not read the first book but I didn't find that a hindrence at all. Callihan quite ably works enough information about the backstory into Moonglow so that the reader knows what's going on without boring readers familiar with the first book.

This book starts off with a bang when Daisy witnesses a murder committed by a were and then narrowly misses being killed herself. Daisy is soon rescued by the exiled Lord of the lycans which starts an on-and-off romance between the two. The action keeps you reading and the steamy scenes later in the book will really get your attention. REALLY STEAMY Quite a worthy book here. I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglow.