Kriss's Reviews > Destined

M 50x66
Aug 08, 2012

it was ok
Read in August, 2012

This book was okay. The author, I felt, has a lot of potential and I look forward to her future works. This book, however, is not something I would seriously recommend.

The pace is really too fast. There's not enough time to get involved with the characters and I found myself never really caring too much about their romance. Secondary characters entered and left the stage way to quickly for them to have any meaningful impact upon me. I felt I was reading two distinct stories in the same book. The first one ended half way through and the second one was the rest of the book. Really, there wasn't enough time to smell the roses much less stop and look at them.

The second half of the book, I felt that I was being alternatively lectured and pep-talked at the same time. It made for tedious reading, I felt I could have just stopped and been just fine at the half way point. Even the most significant event in the story hardly warranted much emotion or thought and was the whole point of the second half. I never really felt the characters struggled and they just fell kind of flat and were generally uninspiring.

Overall, I feel the author just needs to slow down, build her world more, have the major conflicts be drawn out, and just simply let the reader stop and smell the roses instead of whisking them from scene to scene. This is good for some light or fluff reading, but if you're looking for a good romance, I would recommend something else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined.