Ami's Reviews > Manbot

Manbot by Scarlet Blackwell

Aug 04, 12

bookshelves: mm-fantasy-paranormal-futuristic, mm-romance-or-erotica
Read from August 04 to 05, 2012

When it comes to Scarlet Blackwell's stories, I have no power to resist. Even if I'm a bit leery with the idea of robot-sex. Turns out that this is another one of Ms. Blackwell's that goes to her great list.

Since Kavan is a manbot, his clinical way of talking is so endearing. I cannot help to giggle when he analyzes what Gray wants from the sexual interest ...

"Your penis is, by my calculation, seven inches long when erect, which is approximately one point five inches larger than average"

OR

"Do you wish me to associate that particular function with you so every time I see you, I get an erection?"

OR

"I mean, if you're going to offer me something like that, you should be more salacious about it. How about, 'then I'll come upstairs and eat your ass until you come everywhere'?"

Kavan frowned. "
Eat it, Gray? I can't actually eat it. That would be tantamount to cannibalism, and I'm not sure it would be entirely conducive to your pleasure. Plus, if you had no buttocks, I would have nowhere to insert my penis, although providing you still had a working orifice..."

They're pretty hilarious for me *lol*. And like usual, Ms. Blackwell (in the only way she can) squeezes my heart when she explores how Kavan learns about human feelings ... that he is not like any other manbot. That he experiences pleasure, separation anxiety, and even in the end, love.

Gray is also adorable ... a lonely thirty-three year old English literature teacher, who only has a cat (Humphrey, which cutely prefer Kavan than Gray *grin*) and Kavan waiting at his house. There is one scene where Gray makes me VERY ANGRY though (view spoiler). When Gray says yes, I'm very, very pissed off with him, and prepare to give this story a lower star rating. Luckily it doesn't happen, though it is not because Gray stops it. (See the next spoiler below)

Most of the story is written from Gray's perspective except for the part where ... SPOILER WARNING: (view spoiler), which leads to some angst.

The ending is HFN, a bit similar to the ending of Blackwell's other title, Sin Row. I like to think that they're doing just fine, though ...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Manbot.

08/04/2012
24.0% "Robot talk: Your penis is, by my calculation, seven inches long when erect, which is approximately one point five inches larger than average --> cue me giggling" 1 comment