Alaine's Reviews > Just Like Heaven

1051989
Jan 21, 09

bookshelves: romance
Read in January, 2009

This is a wonderful story about how we should value every moment of life we are given and what a gift it is. I really loved this book, it is the most beautiful story! If only our lives weren't so busy that we forget the basic concepts of life. To make the most of every moment.

This is the story of Arthur and Lauren and how two people came together. Lauren is a coma patient whose soul is free from her body, Arthur lives in what was her apartment. They meet and when Lauren convinced him that he wasn't going crazy their story began.

Now this book was a great movie. I saw it when it came out. However, if you have read the book you'll know that the movie only vaguely represented the story. Their are so many details that where changed, such as, Lauren's mother was in the book not her sister, he was an architect not a landscape gardener, the list goes on.

I loved the book and I loved the movie but it is difficult to compare them. Did the movie-makers portray the essence of the book, yes, but that's where the comparison must end. If you enjoyed the movie then I would highly recommend the book, both have their happy ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like Heaven.

01/17/2009 page 35