Jessica's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Aug 04, 12

Read in August, 2012

*** Review based on Advance Reading Copy ***

Meh... I was hoping for more. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood so much. But this one, while a good follow-up, did not have the same hold on me. I think I blame the fact that the plot is drive by lack of information. Some characters know something but are not willing to tell our hero, so he spends much of the book questioning and frustrated which is how I felt. Move forward!

We pick up where Anna Dressed in Blood left off. Cas is certain that Anna is in hell, trapped with the Obeahman, doomed because she saved Cas's life. Of course, he needs to get her out of hell. But he doesn't know how. Others do but won't tell him. There will be a price to pay. But we won't tell him what it is. He will have to go to a special place. But we won't tell him where it is. Enough already! Let him make real choices. Tell him the price and let him decide if it is worth paying. It is not like surprise is an important element of the story, but for some reason, lack of information is the driving plot device. It is still a very fun read. Just more frustrating than the first.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.