Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > If I Were You

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

Aug 04, 2012

Read in August, 2012

The next "it" book.

I'm pretty sure amazeballs just exploded amazejuices all over the pages!

At first I had a big OS moment, thinking I had been seduced by yet another synopsis. I just couldn't get into the first couple of chapters. But by chapter 5, it got into me. It got into me fast...hard! I'm so glad I didn't give up on this book.

I'm giving this book a standing "O" (it's only fair that I return the favor). OH! OH! OH. MY. GOD! I've been seduced by something dark, thrilling and totally addictive!

A few of the reviews suggest that this is a Fifty Shades mini-me (insert bullshit sneeze here). You can't say that every book that contains a little kinky fuckery is doing it Fifty Shades style! It had its own way of doing "it". The plot is totally fuckable original.

If I Were You just barely scratches the surface of what I know is to come. It was word lubricant getting me primed and ready for something big, something huge!!! Something thrilling!

You don't know if you want to scream, YES...NO...NOW! It blurs the line, seduces the soul, and leaves you begging for more! READ ON!

Reviewed at http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Were You.

03/18/2016 marked as: read

Candice I just bought this off of Amazon based on your review. I am excited!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I agree, but when the book is actually being marketed as "Fifty Shades of Grey meets Basic Instinct," people are going to compare. :-)

message 3: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah I haven't read any of the 50 Shades books, nor do I have the desire (I've been told it may be too "vanilla" for me...lol). If I see a book is compared to 50 Shades, I'm immediately annoyed and move on to the next. However, your review of this book makes me want to read it regardless of the 50 Shades comparison in the description. :). Plus you used one of my favorite words in your review...fuckery.

message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy  Zautner Can I just say your reviews make me giggle Mollie..:)

Misty Carlton Omg!!! When is the next book coming out??? I can not wait........ Seriously, I'm stressed out!!!

message 6: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne Great review ❤

message 7: by Kimberlyn (new) - added it

Kimberlyn 'kinky fuckery' hahaha! Best new word for 2013!