Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > My Favorite Mistake

Sep 30, 12

bookshelves: september-2012
Read from September 29 to 30, 2012

3.5ish...4?

You better get your sex ponchos ready because this book oozes, drips, and sprays sexual tension all over the place! And we all know how I feel about sexual tension...

"Knock, Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Sexual"
"Sexual tension?"
"Ummmm no."
"Then go the f**k away!"

Nothing gets my knickers in a twist quicker than a good long buildup! Sends my moist-o-meter into overdrive!! I think this book broke my moist-o-meter!

First let me say that this book is not a Beautiful Disaster love child. Yes, Hunter's physical description is rather Travisy, there's a heated bet on the table and a V-card to be played, but these are just similar concepts. The plot is totally unique!

The things that I loved about this book just might be the very things that you hate! These characters had issues. Their issues violated each other and had baby issues! You couldn't turn around without bumping into an issue!! The characters were nuts and I loved it!!! The issues gave birth to drama and it was everywhere. Drama, drama, drama. Crazy, crazy, crazy! Taylor will drive you insane!!

Sexual tension plus drama equals my favorite cocktail, but I know it's not for everybody.

There were also some great one-liners in this book, funny...sexy! The dialogue was edible!

"Just wrap it before you tap it, Kid."

"But I'll save them and sing them to you at a later time when I'm allowed assery again."

"Cranberry juice is in the fridge. Go see your Gyno. That's all you have to do. I'm just looking out got your vaginal welfare."

"All those years of not doing anything and your all pent up. All I have to do is push the button." He pushed said button and I cried out, falling against him.

Despite my book lovin, I wasn't quite sure how to rate it! Why?...The ending totally fell flat. It was a nice little HEA, but with so much drama, angst and build up, the ending needed to be huge!!! The fuse was lit from page one, but it never exploded! I wanted a BOOM! The book gave me so much, but I still can't help but be a little disappointed with how it ended.

Okay, so this book wasn't perfect, but it was a tension filled drama with characters that will piss you off, but at the same time cause you to feel, to want, to need! It will hook you until the very, very end! READ ON!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Favorite Mistake.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brittany Diedrich-Hayes Just started reading this tonight :)

Tough Critic Book Reviews Brittany wrote: "Just started reading this tonight :)"

I'm working on the review right now :-)

Drita I can't find it on Amazon :(

Tough Critic Book Reviews Drita wrote: "I can't find it on Amazon :("

Kimberly Shackleford I agree about the ending, but I really enjoyed this book. I liked the funny dialogue and the sexual tension! I thought Hunter was a bad boy with a soft gooey center.

Blair With all of that sexual tension, did something actually happen or did we get a fade to black scene? i haven't read too many books in this genre, so Beautiful Disaster is kind of my reference point...

Tough Critic Book Reviews Blair wrote: "With all of that sexual tension, did something actually happen or did we get a fade to black scene? i haven't read too many books in this genre, so Beautiful Disaster is kind of my reference poin..."

The sexual tension definitely goes BOOM so no "fades to black". In that area, I was very satisfied. Just didn't like how the whole story was wrapped up...a little anticlimactic, but still a great read!

Blair Tough Critic Book Reviews wrote: "Blair wrote: "With all of that sexual tension, did something actually happen or did we get a fade to black scene? i haven't read too many books in this genre, so Beautiful Disaster is kind of my ..."

Hmmm, I think I'll give it a shot! Thanks for answering my question! :) You never know, maybe she'll be like a lot of authors and announce a sequel sometime down the line...Or a spin-off....

Brittany Diedrich-Hayes Tough Critic Book Reviews wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Just started reading this tonight :)"

I'm working on the review right now :-)"

Just finished...TOTALLY agree about the ending. I was like, ugh, where the F is the epilogue, or something, anything?! Otherwise, I really loved the story...just wanted a little, more.

Melissa I'm hoping for a book two that gives us more. I think she left it open it gave us a look into their happy ending but left us wanting more. I think a sequel is a huge possibility. I mean their lives are now on such different paths that can also have more bumps to overcome so it would be an easy write an a satisfying read!

Blair If I was an author, I think I'd always write juicy epilogues a la Kristen Ashely, but I suppose leaving it like that is a good tactic for authors intending to write a sequel or who want to bolster up talk about their book. I think simply not having a detailed ending will become a huge talking point as more reviews emerge and people will speculate about what might happen...

message 12: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn I've been waiting for this book!!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus I love this review! Great work. Just bought it from Amazon

message 14: by Searock (new)

Searock My imagination doesn't know what to make of sexual tension that "sprays". Clickety- click. Must find out!

Brittany Diedrich-Hayes Did you see she got signed and there is going to be a sequel to MFM? I guess we will get more after all :) But sounds like it could be a wait.

message 16: by Kindle (new) - added it