Tough Critic Book Reviews's Reviews > The Wild Ones

The Wild Ones by M. Leighton

Aug 05, 12

Read in August, 2012

Reviewed at toughcriticbookreviews.blogspot.com

I was a little up, down, and all over the place with this one! When Trick was "up", I was most definitely up too! I was totally vibing the modern day Romeo & Juliet feel it had. GIVE ME MY SIN AGAIN! ;-)

It had some definite four and five-star moments, but it didn't keep me at that level the whole time. But before I go on, I need to jump up on my soap-box and say that three-stars still means it's a good book. I hate how readers are so quick to throw a paper bag over the head of a three-star book like it's some leather faced, moley, wrinkly, saggy breasted woman with a stinky poonani. This book does NOT have a stinky poonani!!!

It teases you to your limit for the first half, but when "it" finally come...oh sweet Jesus it comes! The things that come out of Trick's mouth are nothing short of pantie dropping, but every so often he spews a little cheese down his chin...

"You are a walking teenage dream in those Jeans."

I may have laughed out loud on that one. I guess the only real issues I had were some unanswered questions about her virginity, the long tease at the beginning combined with the rushed ending, and it did had some draggy bits.

The things that made up for it...The office scene (completely lost the knickers), kickass banter between Cami and Trick, the office scene, a totally original story line, Rusty, Jenna and finally...THE OFFICE SCENE!

The book does have a few kinks to work out, but M. Leighton has definitely put herself on my list of authors to read. READ ON!

What's highlighted on my kindle

"Pick 'treat'. Please, for the love of God, pick 'treat'." (knicker change #1)

"He's shirtless, hatless, and wet. And I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything hotter." (knicker change #2)

"His shaggy hair is damp and he's wearing aviator sunglasses. His wide shoulders are bare in a white wife-beater tank top that shows off his trim waist. And, as always, his lower half looks delicious in faded blue jeans that hang just perfectly on his hips." (knicker change #3)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wild Ones.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sherri OMG the Pick treat.. is my ALL TIME favorite in this book! Hands down, totally a knicker change FOR SHO! Haha <3

message 2: by Kari (new) - added it

Kari "I hate how readers are so quick to throw a paper bag over the head of a three-star book like it's some leather faced, moley, wrinkly, saggy breasted woman with a stinky poonani. This book does NOT have a stinky poonani!!!" Mollie....one of my fave quotes of yours ever!! hahahaha

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I absolutely love Trick!!! I loved the book!! : D

Mary The "pick treat" line is AWESOME!
Good read with great banter the main characters. A bit slow in a couple of places, but overall, a worthwhile read & purchase.