Christina's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Nov 22, 08

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in June, 2008, read count: 10

I love Sophie Kinsella’s books, for the most part, so it should come as no surprise that I would pick up Can You Keep A Secret?. I purchased this book a couple of years ago when I was in Paris because I wasn’t adjusted to the time change and needed something to do in the wee hours of the night.

Can You Keep A Secret? was a fun, enjoyable book and a must-read for Sophie Kinsella fans. Kinsella writes the sort of chick lit it’s hard to find flaws with, except in the case of Remember Me?. There’s a little mystery around the man on the plane and his hesitancy to open up to Emma, which made it all the more interesting. The heroines themselves aren’t perfect, which makes them more endearing. This book made me laugh out loud, wipe a few tears from my eyes, and get angry. There were a few times I caught myself reading faster and faster so I could find out what was going to happen.

In the case of Can You Keep a Secret?, I’d definitely recommend it for a night in when you’re in the mood for a laugh.

And, apparently, the book is being turned into a movie staring Kate Hudson.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.