Cynthia's Reviews > Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed

Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed by Anna Campbell

Jan 29, 14

bookshelves: romancer, retro-romance, first-reads-arcs, the-first-of
Read from August 04 to September 14, 2012

3.5 stars,

There was something about the way that Anna Campbell writes that I was hooked right away, it has sort of a whimsical yet Gothic feel that gets you all swept up. With a title like Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed it’s not a surprise where the story’s going to end, so it’s definitely the journey there that makes the book. Sidonie Forsythe, our heroine, goes to Jonas Merrick’s Castle Cavern in place of her sister Roberta, knowing that her virtue is at stake. Jonas, a rouge and beast he may be, but he’s still gentlemanly enough to not take a lady when she doesn’t want too. So instead he has seven nights to try to change her ‘no, thanks’ to a ‘yes, please’. Seduction ensues.

I ended up really liking both characters a lot. Both had gone through a lot of crap, and it’s easy to see why they don’t believe in or trust in love, but together they start to help each other heal up those old wounds. The book almost entirely consist of just Sidonie and Jonas with few outside interaction, so it was probably a good thing I liked them.

Unlike Sidonie, I thoroughly disliked her sister (and her husband) which leads into the biggest flaw in the book for me, the ending (or rather the latter half of the conflict). It was overly theatrical and felt quite rushed compared to the rest of slower paced storyline. Just excess drama and misunderstanding on all accounts.

However even with my dislike for last third of the book, I’d already been too invested in Sidonie and Jonas to not care, so all and all a lovely romance and a good first book to Sons of Sin Series. Also! We were introduced to Cam Rothermere and Richard Harmsworth, who could be classified as Jonas’ “friends”, and well I’m excited for their books. They deserve happy endings too.

{* Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an e-ARC. Original review can be found at Bookmuncihes}

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed.