Alison's Reviews > 11th Hour

11th Hour by James Patterson

F 50x66
Aug 04, 12

Read in August, 2012

I thought this one of Patterson/Paetro's better mysteries. Two stories going on at the same time (no intermingling) without the traditional and cliche'ish Hollywood twists and turns. Pretty straightforward. Two heads (no bodies) are found on the porch wall at the home of a movie star who's already been tried and acquitted for the murder of his wife ten years before. Her disappearance has never been explained. In the other story, someone is killing drug dealers and the SFPD believe it's a rogue cop because the gun used was in the evidence locker. Enter The Women's Murder Club. What I liked about this fast paced book was the journalist who got his come uppance! I'm tired of journalists racing to tell a story without checking facts, and without consideration for the harm they do to families and the police when they make unverified and outlandish statments. Once those statements are out there, they can't be pulled back. Ok, off my soapbox. Both stories captured my interest and both were resolved without special effects, just good police work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11th Hour.