Pam's Reviews > Touched

Touched by Cyn Balog

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-read-in-2012, read-in-2012, ebooks-read-in-2012
Read from August 08 to 11, 2012

I received a copy of Touched from NetGalley and Delacorte Press for a honest review. A little about the book. Nick Cross has his future planned out but not in the way you think. He can see his future and as long as he stays on script he will get the future he likes. If he goes off script his future goes away and a new one unfolds. It could be a good one or a bad one. On course with the perfect future he meets a new girl and by not staying with the script his perfect future is gone. In it's place is a bad one. The new girl Taryn seems to know he has a special power a Touch as she calls it. See she knows all about them because she has a book of Touches. As Nick tries to stay away from Taryn, fighting his feelings for her, and get a new future for himself many things keep happening but his future is staying bad.

I really enjoyed this book. I read every bit of it in one sitting. It pulled me right in and I enjoyed the chemistry between Nick and Taryn. They go very good together. The secondary characters like Nick's mom and Nan are really great and help the story pop. It is a very easy read but you keep on your toes guessing what will happen next. I would have loved to see more of the Touches the book had in it and would have liked to see more of Nicks Touch. I don't give spoilers but I will say the near ending had me very shocked. When the ending finally happened I was nicely surprised how the author wrapped things up with an ending that is both good and bad. If you want to know what I mean you will just have to read it. A different kind of YA paranormal in a good way. If you want an easy read that pulls you in and keeps you there pick this one up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched.

08/09/2012