Alain Burrese's Reviews > One Shot

One Shot by Lee Child

Aug 04, 2012

bookshelves: fiction
Read in June, 2009

"One Shot" by Lee Child is the first of his Jack Reacher novels I've read and it definitely won't be the last. In fact, I finished "One Shot" yesterday and went out and found "The Hard Way" and started reading it this morning. I plan on picking up the earlier books of the series as well as the newer ones.

The story involved a military sniper, and as a former Army sniper, that is what initially drew me to checking out the book. However, it is the character Jack Reacher that I thourouly enjoyed and made me want to seek out the others in the series. I'm very glad I decided to check this book out.

Jack Reacher is a hero I want to know more about. He's tough, smart, with yet a bit of vulnerability. The book was suspenseful with good action, but it also had you thinking along with Reacher as his investigatory skills and keen observation unraveled the mysterious circumstances surrounding the shooting spree that opened the book. It had good bad guys, a critical element in any action story, and enough plot twists and turns to keep you guessing at what was coming next. It is the kind of book you don't want to put down because you just have to see where things are going.

Over all, this was a very fun read full of action and suspense. Lee Child has created a great character and I now see why these books are so popular. I wish I would have discovered them earlier, but the good thing is I can read them now and not have to wait so long between them. Highly recommended for a good action story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Shot.