Jeannette Rubio's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Aug 10, 12

Read from August 08 to 09, 2012

WOW! I really did not expected this book to affect me like it did. I should have known better... especially by the time I realized that I had read 75% of the book in one sitting! I had to force myself to sleep! I could not stop thinking about it! I forced my eyes closed, I pulled the blanket over my head and forced myself to ignore my ipad at 3am in the morning.

The plot is simple in my opinion, your tipical boy meets girl story line, but somehow its masterful execution makes you go to what I call "The Point of no return". I have to be honest and say that I actually did not even realize I was crying until I could no longer see the letters & lines in my reader. I had to put my reader aside and let go. YEAH Let go! and OMG the poetry in this book makes everything these characters are facing feel more intense, real & meaninfull.

Seriously, do not let the simple cover put you off reading this great story. I believe you will not be disappointed! Warning: have a box of tissue nearby. You might just need it!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.