Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > The Collector

The Collector by Victoria Scott

Apr 03, 2013

bookshelves: owned-e-books, demons, paranormal, pnr, favorites-of-2013, favorites, fantasy
Read from March 26 to April 03, 2013

I really loved this book. It has been one I have been wanting to read ever since I had read some teaser somewhere from the author. I will say, the first quarter of the book, I despised Dante; I didn’t like him at all. But, that all changes, Charlie, his assignment is what really changes him, and I loved this change. I don’t want to give away too much, so won’t tell too much of the story, but to tell you I loved it. If you’re someone like me, who loves Paranormal books, and like having some funny stuff too, then your going to love this book. It’s written so well too. I was sucked in right from the start, and could not put it down. The last part of the book will have you on the edge of your seat freaking out, I know it did me.

I can’t wait to read the next book, The Liberator. It does not end on a huge cliffhanger, just a few unanswered questions, but ones you want to know. I have a theory on one, but since it would be a spoiler, I can’t mention it.

I highly recommend this book. Give it a try, it’s a great change to be inside a guys head like this. Though I would have loved some from Charlie, or even Valery, who I also liked.

5 out of 5 stars. Don’t miss out on this one!

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author for my honest review.

If you liked my review, would love the support at Amazon, by marking my review as helpful, Here.

Below is a few teasers that are spoiler free.

“Name my car? No.”“Yes! Ooh, let me do it. How about Elizabeth Taylor? She was flashy and looked good in red.”“You want to name my car Elizabeth Taylor?”“Not want to. Did. It’s done.”I pull in a long breath. “Can you just tell me where Liz needs to go?”

(Dante talking to a cab driver, thought it was funny)

I point to his nappy beard. “You keep things in there?” He doesn’t respond. “Like candies or baby birds?”His jaw tightens. “You should think about it.” I dig my wallet out and pay the dude.

Go to my blog to read and excerpt from this book.
Link to Blog Post

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Collector.

04/03/2013
84.0% "loving Dante now. I didn't even like him the first half of the book. but he has changed a lot. great book for sure!"
04/03/2013
100.0% "whew. what a ride. loved this book! kept me on the edge of my seat. review coming soon." 1 comment

Letsreadmore I am totally jealous you got to read!!!!!!