Luke's Reviews > House at the End of the Street

House at the End of the Street by Lily Blake

Aug 03, 2012

liked it
Read in October, 2012 , read count: 1

House at the End of the Street is a novelization written by Lily Blake based on the movie.

Elissa and her mother, Sarah, seek a fresh start in a small, upscale, rural town. They live in their dream house. But then they learn of a chilling secret—that years ago, in the house next door, a daughter killed her parents in their beds, and disappeared. Only a brother, Ryan, survived. When Elissa begins a relationship with Ryan, she is tugged deeper into the mystery.

I usually watch the movie before reading the novelization. It allows me to get a clear visual. But since the novelization of House at the End of the Street came out before the movie, I decided to read the book first.

I enjoyed it. It was suspenseful, which is what you get with a thriller. The ending was similar to the ending of Psycho. But still, it was good.

In the movie, Jennifer Lawrence plays the protagonist, Elissa. I can't wait to watch the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House at the End of the Street.