Becky's Reviews > Forever a Lady

Forever a Lady by Delilah Marvelle

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: historical, netgalley
Read from August 03 to 07, 2012

I had a hard time getting into this novel. The characters weren't really "speaking" to me at first, and I couldn't recall enough of the details from book one (Forever and a Day) to make it all make sense--I read it back at the end of December. Maybe I read too much (is that even possible?) but I couldn't for the life of me remember enough about Georgia and Matthew and Roderick from book one, so about a quarter of the way through, I went back and skimmed book one and re-read the prequel (Forever Mine, although I was more than halfway through the novella before I realized that I HAD read it before) and that helped me feel like I had more of a grasp on the characters and their motivations. After that, the reading got much better. I liked Matthew at the beginning of the novel, he lost me a bit before he decided to reform, and I LOVED him at the end (though I was bothered a bit by their big moment when he "made" her his virgin...that he went from back to front like that, it's just so unhygienic....) I absolutely loved Ronan, Matthew's adopted son, and totally can't wait to read book three and get to hear Coleman's story (though I should probably make myself a cheat sheet for all the characters and plot lines in these three books now, while I still remember!) There were times--many of them--when I just wasn't crazy about Bernadette. I understand her issues with London society, but it seemed like there were many instances when she appeared to go out of her way to make things more difficult for herself and for Matthew. Frustrating. Still, she made up for much of it at the end. It's an interesting series, and I am anxious to get my hands on book three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever a Lady.