Royee's Reviews > Daddy-Long-Legs

Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster

Aug 03, 12

Daddy long legs is one of my loving children's books /literature(s). When I finished reading this book, I was touched by it. Probably, girls are wishful for a deliberate love.

The heroine, named Jerasha Abbott, was brought up in the orphanage. Fortunately, she gained long legs daddy's aid, to go to university. However, she was demanded to write some letters about school life to the long legs daddy. Not only is she simple and optimistic, but also she feels grateful to life. Gradually, she became to maturity in college times. Insensibly, she fell in love with a young gentleman, whose name is Jervie. Afterward, he proposed to her, but she refused him. Meanwhile, she was hesitant to face love, so she decided to write a help letter to long legs daddy. Therefore, she received the first letter from him, before she met with him. Interestingly, she learned long legs daddy's true identity, which is Jervie. At last, a love letter, the last letter, was sent to her Jervie.

I was moved almost to tears by the story, when I read that her lover is long legs daddy. Sometimes, girls are wishful for a deliberate love.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daddy-Long-Legs.