Sarah Camargo's Reviews > The Dex-Files

The Dex-Files by Karina Halle
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dex-Files.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Karina Halle
“I was head over heels in love with her. No, that didn’t describe it. I was tear my fucking heart out and throw it at her, beg her to take it into hers. I was falling from the greatest heights with no safety net below. I was giving everything of my own life for hers, giving up every inch of my soul so she could wear it proudly. I was a former king on my knees in front of the queen. A jester begging for a chance. I was powerless, helpless and at her mercy.”

Karina Halle
“The Dex Foray special involves two lubed fingers, a lot of tongue and a cigarette for afterwards.”

Karina Halle
“She was mine. For the sake of appearances, she was my wife, but she was mine anyway. She didn’t know it yet, but I did. It was wrong and it made no sense, but she belonged with me. No one else, not anyone else.”

Karina Halle
“Saying goodbye to something or someone after that long of a time, even if it brought you pain and misery, is hard. It’s like living with a gangrene foot. You know you need to just whack it off and you’ll be healthier for it. But damn if you don’t feel some sort of emptiness when your decaying foot is gone. You look at the end of your leg expecting to see it there in all black and rotting but there’s just nothing but air now.”

Karina Halle
“I wondered if the owners would mind if I murdered someone in their front yard. A big red-headed someone. He was so full of shit, he’d make fantastic fertilizer for their garden”

Karina Halle
“Anger was so much better than fear. To be the one inflicting pain was better than being in pain yourself.”