Darcy's Reviews > Sweet Laurel Falls

Sweet Laurel Falls by RaeAnne Thayne

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, net-galley-books, romance
Read on August 03, 2012

When I realized that this book had Maura I wasn't sure what to think. I wanted her to be happy, but worried that she was still drowning in her grief from her daughter's death and wouldn't be ready. As the book started out that was just the case, Maura was facing the holidays and barely getting by. Her friends and family's hearts were in the right place, but I can see why Maura needed some alone time.

When Sage brought her guest home, it stunned me, mostly because I didn't remember that we didn't know that fact. I was surprised by how civil the guest and Maura's initial private talk was. I thought there would be ranting, raving, and all sorts of you done me wrong talk. I think because of this the 3 of them were able to settle into a fairly easy relationship.

I enjoyed seeing Jackson get to know Sage and Maura. I liked how old feelings were sparked back to life, how Jackson didn't gloss over Layla and what effect she had on the girls.

I was able to guess Sage's secret right away. I hated how it mirrored Maura's situation, and hated it even more when we found out just who was involved. While I thought less of Sage for the person involved, I hated how she was treated when she finally came clean. I did love the scene after with her Gramps! It was sweet and just what you wouldn't expect from a crotchety old man. I do wish that Sage would have taken Gramps up on his offer.

The quiet courtship seemed to fit our couple. Yes they had a history, but there were a lot of years in between. I loved how on a very important day Jackson was able to be there for Maura even though it was at great trouble for him.

I am not sure what I think of the ending, the choice that Sage made from Harry's suggestion. Part of me thinks it is perfect, but the other part of me wonders if at some point there will be trouble down the line with confusion with the connections. Either way, I hope to read more in this series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Laurel Falls.